Register today for the Open Allies moderated forum on ancillary fees
On Thursday, October 18th from 8:00am – 10:30am at the National Press Club, Open Allies will be hosting a forum on airline ancillary fees. The forum will be moderated by National Journal reporter Niraj Chokshi. Click here to rsvp, registration is free.
Can Airline Competition Work In An Era Of Opacity?
A moderated forum sponsored by Open Allies for Airfare Transparency
Moderated by reporter Niraj Chokshi of The National Journal
Airline ancillary fees, such as baggage and seat reservation fees, have become a reality of air travel. While some say these fees have helped mend airlines’ balance sheets, others say they have created frustration for the flying public in the form of hidden, unexpected or poorly disclosed fees.
The Open Allies forum, moderated by reporter Niraj Chokshi of The National Journal, will explore the issue of ancillary fees in-depth, including perspectives from the airline industry, consumer groups, travel agents, and travel technology providers. Discussion will focus on the market realities that participants are facing today and proposed regulatory and technological solutions.
8:00-8:25 – Guests arrive, coffee and light breakfast
8:30-8:40 – Introduction: David Kelly, Executive Director, Open Allies for Airfare Transparency
8:45-10:00 – Discussion panel moderated by Niraj Chokshi, Reporter, National Journal
- Airline: Barry Biffle, Executive VP, Spirit Airlines
- Consumer travel: Bill McGee, Consumers Union
- Consumer travel: Charlie Leocha, Consumer Travel Alliance
- Travel management company: Liz Mandarino, President, World Travel Inc.
- Managed travel: Darla Montalto, Corporate Travel Manager, Major League Baseball
- Travel industry: Paul Ruden, Esq., American Society of Travel Agents
- Business travel: Kevin Mitchell, Business Travel Coalition
- Travel technology: Simon Gros, Chairman, Travel Technology Association
- Airline: David Siegel, CEO, Frontier Airlines
- Airline:Aleks Popovich, Senior VP Industry Distribution, International Air Transport Association
- Airline: Jean Medina, Senior VP, Airlines for America
10:00-10:15 – Audience questions
When & Where:
Thursday, October 18th, 8:00am – 10:30am
To register, visit http://faretransparency.eventbrite.com/. There is no registration fee for this event, but seating is limited.